New Home Ministries (NHM) is pleased to announce and offer the Robert C. Blakes, Sr. Scholarship to high school graduating seniors who meet the required criteria.
Continuing students, prior R.C. Blakes, Sr. Scholarship recipients, must meet the scholarship requirements each year to be re-certified for the renewal of scholarship funds. Both the 2021 high school graduating seniors and continuing students must meet the scholarship requirements as indicated on the information sheets and submit the appropriate required documents (listed under each category). Only 2021 high school graduates are eligible/required to complete the high school graduate scholarship application.
Applicants must complete and submit the R.C. Blakes, Sr. Scholarship Application online and adhere to the following requirements:
- Must be a US citizen residing in Louisiana parishes of Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, and Tangipahoa, or be a member of the New Home Ministries Family of Churches located in Baton Rouge, LA, Hammond, LA, or Houston, TX.
- Have an OFFICIAL high school transcript emailed from school administration to R.C. Blakes, Sr. Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Transcripts may not be hand-carried or delivered by students, parents or anyone else.
- Submit a copy of an acceptance letter from an accredited college, university or vocational technical school you will be attending.
- Submit a copy of ACT or SAT score report. A copy of ACT or SAT is recommended but not required to apply for scholarship.
- Include a small picture with your scholarship application.
- Write a short essay telling the scholarship committee about you as an individual. What do you like to do? Where/How do you spend your free time? What college would you like to go and why? How your pursued degree will contribute to your role as a Christian leader? The purpose of the essay is to help us get to know you better beyond your scholastic achievements that are shown in your transcript and test scores. The essay should not exceed 250 words.
- COVID pandemic posed and continues to pose challenges for everyone. Please tell us how throughout this critical time in our world, something you did to make a difference.
- ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2021.
Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirement
2.50 – 4.00———————$2,500.00
*All scholarships are awarded for the fall semester of the current year.